O2 sensor idea

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Mon Apr 19 21:08:48 GMT 1999

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, David A. Cooley wrote:

> >I know it works that way.  I just want an accurate O2 sensor so when I
> >am burning new chips I actaully know the O2 sensor is reliable.  The
> >diacom output should have accurate O2 readings, and then tuning would
> >be easier.  I have to be careful right now becuase I really don't know
> >what voltage is exactly 12.5:1, I am just guessing.  Right now I have
> >taken out alot of fuel, and the O2's are still in the "safe" region,
> >but I am starting to get close to where I need a better O2 sensors.
> >
> >I don't know how hard reprogramming it would be.   My guess would be
> >hard enough not to want to try it, but I would like them for tuning so
> >I can actually trust the O2 readings in diacom to be meaningful.
> >

> Roger,
> Been tuning my 95 lesabre... decided to pull fuel untill the O2's got down a
> bit and would add some from their... hoping to get to stoich and add 12.5%
> more to get to a 12.5:1 ratio... However, when I get the O2 volts to 800mv,
> it starts surging and running really bad...  A wideband would be great right
> now!  Anyone got a spare Horiba I can borrow for a few weeks???   ;-)

You might be careful, turning things down to 14.7 to 1 could damage
pistons at WOT.

That is the reasoning, at least if we had a wide ratio O2 we could
count on the voltages meaning something, even if it was getting
translated a bit to make the stock computer happy.

And bruce, quit saying plug cuts, plug cuts do nothing for telling you
if you are rich at 4000rpm and lean at 5000rpm just what the average
is.

				Roger