O2 sensor idea

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Tue Apr 20 23:52:05 GMT 1999

>The idea is to bias the wide band O2 normally so that it reads the
>range of AFR that you want.  Then put a pic in front that inputs the
>wideband O2 sensor voltage,/other info and converts that via a table
>(non linear table to make the wb act like a normal O2 sensor).
>
>I guess the other idea is to adjust the bias to read the AFR you want,
>and then let the computer run in closed loop mode (even at wot), just
>with the modified AFR ratio required for max power.
>
> Roger

Yes.   At least  two manufacturers that I know of, currently have retail
products which will "transform" a WB EGO signal (LSM-11 or UEGO) to that of
an OEM style zirconia signal, in conjunction with a user definable
switch-point set-point feature.

Say you want to force an ECM/PCM into "thinking" it is perturbating around
stoich, while in fact it is perturbating around 11:1 A/F..........no
problem.

Look for URL's associated with Auburn Performance Equipment, and Powertrain
Electronics.

Walt.