Jimmy 6-71 blower on a gas engine??

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 21 02:34:30 GMT 1999

At 06:57 PM 4/20/99 -0700, you wrote:
>A fella I"m working w/ has built many different hotrods w/ conventional
>parts and strong basics.  He's got access to at least one or more 6-71 (he
>thinks they're 6-71) diesel blower's off Jimmy diesel (crane powerplant's
>etc) setups.  He'd love to hear any ideers/feedback on whether anyone has
>ever converted one to run on a gas engine (particularly Chevy sb/bb but any
>gas setups are of interest) or even thought/looked at doing it.  I"m not
>familiar w/ blowers at all but when he says he could get used working ones
>for $100 my ears perked up;^)

Hi Ross,
I had a friend look into this back in California... he got 5 blowers for
$300.00... figured he'd make a good one out of all of em.
Wound up junking them... The clearances are WAY too loose to build pressure
in a gas engine... and they were within spec for the Diesels.
Found out that machine work to convert one would be almost $1000!
Wound up junking the lot for $50.00
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
   Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!