Propane blower

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 05:52:30 GMT 1999

>A friend just did a propane conversion on a 350 for a Canadian and
put a
>blower on as well. Propane is 50 cents a gallon in B.C. and 105
octane
>equivalent. They think it will still look brand new inside after
30,000
>miles. Anybody have any experience with this? I might try it myself.
Its not
>exactly EFI, but could produce some interesting ideas in control.
Hmmm, how
>about a high pressure liquid propane injector?
>
>Charlie Springer

 Had a Dodge Pickup with a 440 on propane. Engine went nearly 300,000
miles then the valve seats just finaly fell apart. The engine was
quite clean inside for someting with over a quarter of a million
miles. Be aware that propane will run just okay with stock low
compression pistons. But it realy needs alot more compression for
good power, and it will NOT have the same power you would expect from
an equaly built gas engine. But proper design and tuning will help
alot!
 The idea of a blown propane engine sounds very interesting, as well
as an electronic injection system. Perhaps a precision barrel valve
(like on a bug catcher system) on a high speed servo motor controlled
by the computer.

 The Punisher