Propane blower

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Wed Apr 21 12:05:57 GMT 1999

Way back in the old days, I converted a BMW 2002 to turbo and propane, using
a propane carb.  Had 7:1 compression and 25 psi boost.  That thing would
FLY!  Propane is an excellent fuel as you noted.  The small loss of power is
easily made up with the extra boost it allows.  A NA propane engine will
lose 10% due to the volume taken up by the gaseous fuel.  With boost, only
the mechanical strength of the engine is the limit.  Well not really, it can
still detonate but its still good stuff.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>