blowers

Charles charlesmorris at erols.com
Wed Apr 21 16:48:04 GMT 1999

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 05:00:01 -0400, you wrote:

>Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:33:34 -0400
>From: "David A. Cooley" <n5xmt at bellsouth.net>

>I had a friend look into this back in California... he got 5 blowers for
>$300.00... figured he'd make a good one out of all of em.
>Wound up junking them... The clearances are WAY too loose to build pressure
>in a gas engine... and they were within spec for the Diesels.
>Found out that machine work to convert one would be almost $1000!
>Wound up junking the lot for $50.00

	I was about to do the same thing in the mid-1980's, and
discovered the same thing your friend did (before buying an
old bus blower though).
	Then I went to BDS and paid $2000 (price complete in
'85 with manifold, belt, drive hub and pulleys). Price to go
the junk route was nearly as high with no guarantees or
experience...
	As usual, "Speed costs money, son. How fast do you want
to go"?

;)

-Charles