Frederic's radiator cooled intercooler.

Roy spectric at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 17:19:25 GMT 1999

>  Hello all
>
> I have been reading this thread and would say that
> an air to water intercooler system is the way to go.
> The way to design the system is to aim for
> overcooling of the coolant by using an intercooler >
designed for marine use and a pump to assist the >
flow through a radiator, you do not need high flow >
rates.  When you are on boost it will take time to >
raise the volume of water from ambient temperature >
towards boost temp, and then as soon as you are off >
boost the system is cooled back down again.  It all >
depends upon  the vehicle and how it's > being used.

> Where I am currently working, on engine testing we >
use this type of intercooler because it is easier to >
control boost temperatures more accuratly for >
calibration , but with closed system we can achieve a
> 85% reduction in boost temp.  What you need to check
> is the pressure differential across the intercooler,
> we use " BOWMAN INTERCOOLERS " made by Bowman >
engineering here in the UK in Birmingham.