Isobutane

Steve Ciciora ciciora at edison.chisp.net
Wed Apr 21 17:22:52 GMT 1999

I've got a bunch of high altitude camp stove fuel (Isobutate) collecting
dust in my garage, if someone want's to try the below.  I tink I paid $1
or $3 a can (still have receipt) and you could use one of those 'vampire'
freon can adaptors (the kind that pokes a hole in the side) to get it out.
Each can is about the size of what use to be a $1 can of freon (the kind
all auto parts stores sold).

- Steven Ciciora

> But your pop was absolutely correct--had not thought of it, but NH3
> refrigerant would be WAY safer for this application!

What wrong with a propane/isobutane mix? At worst It'll make your
engine run a little rich, it cools as well as R12, and is practically
free. Don't worry about the flammability, all refrigerant oils are
flammable anyway.

see aircondition.com 's message board for more info..