Frederic's radiator cooled intercooler.

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Apr 21 19:27:17 GMT 1999

> around 110 + degrees C.

About 110-120 degrees F on the cold side actually.

> The use of a reservoir if you are not concerned with
> the weight implications would also help but not

Weight is not a problem for a 5900lb truck + driver + gas + 2500lb
race car + unknown weight trailer.  Another 200lbs quite honestly
wouldn't make a difference.

The problem with coolant tanks, ice boxes, and other "one-shot"
non-rechargable items is that its great for drag racing, i.e. 5-8
second bursts depending on the car.  Long term towing, the dry ice
(for example) would disappear.  Using coolant provides a constant
"cooler than the turbo output temperature".  As Bruce said more
eloquently than I have... its consistant, not necessary the lowest
temperature.  But is it low enough to avoid plumbing in seperate
intercoolers, storage containers, swirl pots, and all that other
stuff?  I'm not really sure.  I imagine it will have to be a test and
see situation.

Another 20-30 days and I might have some realistic numbers, and a
setup to install in the truck.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)