Frederic's radiator cooled intercooler.

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Wed Apr 21 19:37:51 GMT 1999

I've got a basic question here.  What kind of water pump flow rates does
one want to aim for?  Do you want to recirculate the water once/min.,
twice, etc?  Do you use just straight water?  Are there corroson issues, I
would assume antifreeze would help as long as it was aluminum
compatible.  May be some 'Redline water wetter' would help.

Lastly, is the intercooler and remote mounted radiator suposed to be the
same surface area?  Or should the radiator be twice as large as the
intercooler?  Any particular ratios desirable?

I've got an '88 XR4Ti turbo, they come non-intercooled.  I can get a
T-bird TC intercooler cheap, so I'm thinking about welding some reservoir
tanks to it as making it into an air/water device.  The TC has a hood
scoop where as the XR4Ti doesn't.  Just an idea.
Thanks
jw