1227730

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Sat Apr 24 17:28:45 GMT 1999

Hi Guys!

After swapping the 318 in my Dodge, I went to one of the local
junkyards and found (I think) my elusive V8 TPI ECM.  89 Beretta, 4 cyl,

which contained the 16196344, which according to Ludis's site is a later

version of the 1227730.  Before I start hacking this into my truck, I
wanted to clarify that this is in fact the case.

Not having opened one of this recent vintage before, I found the memcal
/ eprom was actually a module, with the EPROM, a white "glazed" board
with eight leads which I would imagine is the "limp home" portion of the

unit.  I started to pull this apart, since I obviously will be replacing

the eprom with modified TPI V8 code, and found that the pins of the
header pull out as well.  I didn't want to break this piece, and was
curious if anyone else pulled it apart as I plan to, or if they just cut

the pins on the old eprom and soldered on the new one.  I expected a
socket for the eprom, and a socket for the limp chip to be on the system

board.

Anyway, open to suggestions, what did you guys do?