[Off topic] ABS & synthetic brake fluid

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Sun Apr 25 02:38:39 GMT 1999

Synthetic fluid, I think you mean the silicone variety, has two faults, it
is more compressible than glycol based brake fluid and is traps bubbles of
air in it.  You have to be very careful when bleeding.  Just pouring fluid
into the reservoir and bleeding will fill the system with air.  You must let
it sit a while to let the air out.  Even when you do this correctly, you
will still have a softer brake pedal.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>