[Off topic] ABS & synthetic brake fluid

Lyndon Wester nwester at eidnet.org
Sun Apr 25 18:15:31 GMT 1999

Mike,

Was just cruising through these emails and ran across yours--do not replace
DOT 3 for DOT5 fluid--they are incompatible. DOT 5 may have a higher boiling
point, but requires more service, and the fluid is more hygroscopic. Another
problem is your system design--it will not work properly with DOT 5 silicone
fluid. You can go to a DOT 4 fluid--as it is the same polyglycol base
product.

Hope this helps.

Lyndon
IP TECH