Fuel injection plugs

JRECPA at aol.com JRECPA at aol.com
Tue Apr 27 19:06:41 GMT 1999

In a message dated 4/27/99 7:59:53 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
cosmic.ray at juno.com writes:

<< On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 01:57:00 EDT JRECPA at aol.com writes:
 >In a message dated 4/26/99 10:35:41 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
 >Regnirps at AOL.com writes:
 >
 ><< Has anyone heard of or seen a combination injector/spark plug for
 >conversion
 > to direct fuel injection without changing heads?
 >
 > If not, would you like one?
 >
 > Charlie Springer >>
 >
 >It has been tried.  Most of the problems are electrical interference
 between
 >the injector coil and spark energy. Plus the fact that the fuel
 concentration
 >next to the plug may be too rich to fire the plug without fouling over
 >time.
 >
 >James

 It looks like an engineering challenge to me.  Perhaps a puff of air
 after the fuel has been injected.

 Actually, I would like a set that will inject a gas.  That would remove
 the power disadvantage of propane and methane.

 Ray Drouillard

If you would like to talk to some people that have tried this before,
talk to the people at The American Hydrogen Association.

James