Fuel injection plugs

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed Apr 28 02:26:31 GMT 1999

-> What is the point of direct injection?

 1) resistance to detonation (various reasons)

 2) better control of fuel/air stratification

 3) timing injection event to allow for high overlap camshafts while
    remaining on closed loop

 I have a mildly interesting project in the works - a 1952 Ford flathead
V8, 239 cubic inches, with an Eaton positive-displacement supercharger
and a Stanadyne mechanical direct-injection system adapted from a GM
Diesel V8.  The flathead's cylinder heads make installation of the
largish injector nozzles easy.  This particular engine is going into a
street rod; the customer wanted something 'different'.  It probably
won't be done until early next year, though, as several other projects
are in the queue ahead of it.  I do have all the necessary parts on
hand, though.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?