Direct Injection

Aaron Willis darkmonahue at awwwsome.com
Wed Apr 28 18:08:21 GMT 1999

At 09:26 AM 4/28/99 -0400, you wrote:
<SNIP, SNIP, SNIP>
>So now we have stochiometric fuel mix and economy gearing.  So where does
>direct injection help?  I'm not saying we should stop research on this
>matter, but this list, it seems to me, is primarily concerned with improving
>the performance of our cars by modifying the factory injection systems.  For
>these purposes, direct injection has no benefit.
>
>Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>

	Bearing in mind that I am an engineering STUDENT and not an engineer
proper,  that I am not yet experienced in EFI or alternatives to it, and
(flame suit on) that I am a proponent of the classic/ridiculously outdated
Skinner's Union carburetter ( :-)sic), may I humbly offer my two cents to
the group?
	I find the DIY portion of the title more important than the EFI, and
greatly enjoy hearing about not only DIY-OEM-EFI theory, but aftermarket
EFI, CIS, direct injection, alternative fuels, additional fuels,
supercharging, turbocharging, exhaust header design, port, chamber, and cam
design, obsolete engines, oddball engines, alternative engines, twin
engines, etc etc ad nauseum.  There seems to be a vast collection of
knowledge and experience on this list, and it is always entertaining and
informative to see where the posts go.  Yes, they do get fairly far
off-topic, but they have so much good information it seems like a far
greater benifit than detriment.
	I know this was unsolicited, but hopefully somebody out there can direct
me to another list that has a broader focus if I am missing the point.

	And yes, Robert, that was a very nice flame.  Well done.

	Aaron Willis
	ICQ #27386985
	AOL IM: hemiyota
	http://surf.to/garage-te51 Garage TE51 International