MC6840 timer specs.

Mike Brown mikebr at sr.hp.com
Thu Apr 29 12:56:29 GMT 1999

Daniel R. Henriksson wrote:

> Hi
> I need the specs. on the MC6840 timer IC, i've searched around on the net with no luck, there must be some datasheet pdf's out there...
>
> (Weber Marelli WD48.08 uses one of those 6840's...)
> BR
> Daniel Henriksson

Daniel,
	I searched arround also for a data sheet on this part also with out
much luck.  It is a pretty old part.  Finally found a older Hitachi data
book and got one from there.  I also ordered a set from.... can't
remember now from where. Not Motorola, I think from Thompson.  Anyhow I
do have paper copies for this part if you need them.  I got one of these
Weber Marelli units in the Edelbrock system I'm running.  If you think
finding info on this part is tough wait to you get to that PAL right
alongside of the 68HC11.  There is acouple of other very strange SG
parts in there that I had to model to figure out what they are doing. If
your unit is the same as mine I do have considerable information on it
(hand written schematics and programing info).

Good Luck,
	Mike