Fuel injection plugs

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Fri Apr 30 03:37:45 GMT 1999

I like that idea.  A variable displacement hydraulic pump at the engine
and four variable displacement pumps (one at each wheel), along with an
accumulater would allow you to size the engine for the maximum sustained
load (say 100 MPH up a 7% slope fully loaded).  Size the accumulater so
that it can store enough energy to accelerate the vehicle's mass from 0
to 100 MPH.

Design the control program to vary the displacement of the pump so that
the engine is always at WOT.  Also, keep the accumulater just full enough
to accelerate from the current speed to 100 MPH.  That way, there will be
enough room left in the accumulater to absorb all of the vehicle's
kinetic energy for regenerative braking.

Ray Drouillard

PS
I really hit <reply> to comment that my dad used to use an engine called
a "Waterloo Boy", which was a hit-and-miss engine.  It had a governer
that would cut fuel flow and spark above a certain RPM so that the engine
would only fire when it got slow enough to need it.  It's an interesting
design, and fun to watch (and listen to)

PUT na na na PUT na na PUT PUT PUT na na na na...

The more you load it, the more it fires.