l-jet characteristics

Ricardo Seixas rseixas at pobox.com
Thu Apr 1 00:22:02 GMT 1999

>Hi all,
>
>I have an Alfa 2.5V6 with Bosch L-Jet engine control. All this talk about
>fuel shutoff at overrun (well 2 posts anyway), got me to ask the question:
>Does L-Jet have this feature?

	I Have a 92 VW 2.0L with L-jet, the L-Jet cuts the fuel every 2 cycles
when the throttle is closed, I've read this a few years ago, and the pulse
width is
reduced also, so a small mass of fuel is used just to keep the engine "alive".

>Also, does L-Jet have an idle control speed set point? that is, when a load
>is present on the engine (like air-con, etc), does it try to speed up the
>idle to compensate for the load? I know it has the idle air bypass (IAC?)
>but isn't that just used on start up?

	In my car there's a solenoid to raise the rpm when the A/C is on.

>If it has the idle speed control, is that set anywhere? (apart form the
>idle speed screw on the throttle body).

	I only know this one.

Ricardo Seixas