Chip for Northstar

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Thu Apr 1 01:29:51 GMT 1999

Frederic Breitwieser wrote:

> > I did hook up the brake module which is the traction control and the
> >abs control computer.  I do not have any wheel inputs though.
>
> Well, that is probably your problem - the ECM does expect
> it.  I helped a friend transplant a Northstar into a Nova
> (everything has been in this poor Nova LOL) and we had to
> machine the spindles to accept the sensors, which we had.

You can get the sensors from any AutoZone. It may take a while but the GM
front drive wheel bearings (with hub and sensor attached) are mostly
interchangeable and there is no core charge. Just find someone who needs
new wheel bearings and offer a few bucks for the cores.  I just put two on
my Aurora and pitched the old ones.  You might try GM also.   Sharpe