DRAC and Tranny computers.

Peter D. Hipson mail at darkstar.mv.com
Fri Aug 6 21:38:52 GMT 1999

At 05:00 8/6/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Look up input ratio on chart to find proper jumper settings.

Chart, what chart? You have a chart? I'd really, really like to see a copy
of it (fax, scan, whatever).

>Subject: Electronic transmission controller?
>
>Anybody ever worked on a controller for the GM electronic trannies?
>Specifically the 4L60-E?  What about a commercial one?  Is there one
>available that's stand-alone and adjustable?
>
>Were the OEM controllers stand-alone or part of the EFI computer?
>
>Is there an aftermarket efi controller (Haltech, TEC, Wolf, etc?) that
>can also control this tranny?

Well... <g> yes, and no. Actually both. The NA diesel engines use a TCM to
control the transmission, there is nothing electronic/electrical to
managing the engine. The gas engine uses a shared PCM, which controlls the
transmission and engine at teh same time. These units are not directly
interchangable however. Aftermarket... Jet is a good bet for a standalone
unit. All this is for a 4L80E, but the concept is basically the same.

Thanks,
        Peter Hipson (founder, NEHOG)
        1995 White NA Hummer Wagon