DIY_EFI Digest V4 #455

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Sat Aug 7 21:57:34 GMT 1999

Several of the new Hot ROd mags have had ads for varous ones.
Bruce

>Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 09:18:35 EDT
>From: Chipsbyal at aol.com
>Subject: 4L60-E Aftermarket controller
>
>Hope this helps. I found this company in Transmission Digest magazine. They
>have a product called ePlace Retrofit. Check out there Web page
>www.autotransinc.com
>or call 1.888.453.3767. There are quite a few other useful products on their
>page.
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 23:01:49 -0600
>From: "David C. Allen" <davida at primenet.com>
>Subject: TPI into a 86 4x4 Suburban PART 2 Long
>
>Fourth Question:
>Chevy uses a o-ring, Saginaw flare to connect the high pressure fuel lines,
>and I was wondering if anyone knows who or where one can get steel tubing
>flared.
>Power steering hoses use this type of flare.

Just use Earls'/Russell's stuff in a long run not that much more, and after
you study the stock routing you'll see it's shortcomings.

>Again if this is not the proper forum please let me know
>
>Thanks
>
>David
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 10:10:21 -0700
>From: "Marvin  Johnson" <Wdnbtbldr at NEXTDIM.COM>
>Subject: New list member, TBI question.
>
>Hi,
>    I recently purchased the computer harness etc for an 88 Astro van 4.3
>with the intent of putting it on my Jeep 258. I understand the process of
>retro fitting the TBI. However, I have come into possession of the EFI
>manifold and injectors for a 4.0 jeep motor, but I don't have the computer
>or associated parts. Is it possible to drive the six injectors with the TBI
>computer? I understand I would have to fire the injectors in two groups. How
>would I wire this, injectors in series, parallel, or is it more complex than
>this?

For a first attenpt make up yor mind which system to use, hybredding can get
to be a real pain.  I'd recomment doing the tbi, and then maybe think of the
port type.  Hope that was a 1227747 ecm, since that is hacked.
Bruce