New to DIY_EFI

Pekka Ripatti Pekka.Ripatti at lut.fi
Sat Aug 14 20:25:55 GMT 1999

Hi all.

I've subscribed few days ago to this list and thought that you would
like to know my aim.
I'm a member of a Mileage Marathon -team in our school (Lappeenranta
University of Technology, Finland), the team is named Tippa-Team.
Our engine concept is quite simple - a 4 stroke, 42 cc, petrol (98 oct)
powered, single cylinder engine ran for short periods at full throttle.
The rule is that the average speed of one run is 25 km/h and one run is
approx. 20 km of round track with standing start. We accelerate 35 km/h
and turn off the engine. The vehicle (named Titanic Sauna) then rolls
and at 17 km/h (or so) we start the engine again (with a motorbike's
electric starter) and accelerate to 35 again. This goes on until the
last lap, where the aim is to have close to no speed at the finish line.
We are planning to build a completely new engine and it would be
challenging (and awarding) to build our EFI, because commercial
applications aren't too well suited for this use.

for more info see
http://www.ltky.lut.fi/org/tippateam/Englanti/vehicle.html