DIY_EFI Digest V4 #469

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Sun Aug 15 14:55:25 GMT 1999

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 20:24:43 EDT
>From: Mikepoore at aol.com
>Subject: promedit/ecu files
>
>I am curious as to what compatibility lies in the ecu files used with
>promedit. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the table
>locations going to be the same for any 256k eprom out of a '727 ecm
>regardless the GM application. The thing I was confused about is that I
>thought that 727's were used on both TPI and TBI applications. Does this
>change table locations, sizes, and definitions? I guess what I am asking is
>would an ecu file for a 727 TBI system work for a 727 TPI system?
>
>Mike Poore
>
>------------------------------

You have alot of home work to do.  Start in the aarchives, and search for
related items.

The 727 was an underhood version of a 730.  The 730 was used in one TBI
application (one injector).
There are hundreds of ways gm organized the tables for 256/512/32 proms.
Some different auto to manual tranny.
The 730 was used on 4-6-8 MAF/MAP TBI/TPI Distributor/DIS applications

PT is still really tough, and was in ER several times lately, but hanging in
there.
Took 2 hours but did a 2 mile walk yesterday, payin for it today.
At the limits of meds, one milligram dosage error was what some ER stuff was
about.
Cheers
Bruce