DIY_EFI Digest V4 #475

Kihurani Gakuu kgakuu at desupernet.net
Wed Aug 18 14:29:30 GMT 1999

>Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:50:24 -0700 (MST)
>From: d houlton x0710 <tc75918 at hpra5.msc.az.boeing.com>
>Subject: MCU recomendation?
>
>Can someone who knows a bit more than I do about MCUs reccomend one and a
>development board to use?
>
>I'm new to this and I'm finding it near impossible to decide what chip/board
>I should be looking at.  I'm learning as I go, but I don't even know enough
>where to start.
>
>I definitely want one that I can get a C compiler for.  I think the Hitachi
>might be good as their dev. kits come with one (or two).  Cost of course is
>an issue.  The Hitachi boards start around $150 complete with C compiler,
>power supply, board, etc..  I figure I can afford up to $250.  Maybe $300
>if there's a strong case for that particular set-up.

Check out this site: http://rigelcorp.com/home.htm. You can get an
evaluation board for the SIEMENS C-166  for less than $150(US). It comes
with an evaluation copy of RIGEL's proprietary C Compiler, READS166. The
full version of the compiler costs $300, but memory is limited to 64k.

Find out if this is what you need to get started.

Kih