Update on the newbie question...

Nic van der Walt nvdw at cellpt.co.za
Mon Aug 23 10:41:55 GMT 1999

> If the hijackers have guns, I would hope they get a couple of blocks before
> the engine stops because they might not be happy with you if you foil their
> plan.

If he doesn't have a gun I won't unlock the door and get out... Audi has
this nice feature in that it locks the doors when you drive off. Perfect
for a scatterbrain like me.

The unit has a two minute timer from ignition on (if set to automatic) before
the cutout activates. If set to manual the central control room has to send
the unit a deactivate message to switch the relay.

> However if you kill the pre pump you may find that your Eng. may not stop.
> The main pump will probley die as soon as tank gets low, though I have seen
> them run with the pre pump out for months.

Hmmm. I did pull the fuse while the car was idling (full tank) and it died
within 10 seconds. Will the time increase or decrease at say WOT? My feeling
would be that it will die sooner rather than later. I suppose a non active
fuel pump does a good job of restricting the fuel flow.

Anyways, thanks for the replies. I'm glad to hear I won't blow up the engine.

Regards,
Nic

Regards,
Nic van der Walt

 Cellpoint Systems SA               http://www.cellpt.co.za
 GSM Technology for Positioning and Telematics