Idiot qestions for lazy newby

Bill Shaw bshaw at connix.com
Fri Aug 27 00:49:49 GMT 1999

> The engine... oh, screw it. You people will laugh at me anyway, so I
> might as well... The engine is a Lotus 907E.

Hey,  they didn't laugh at my Spider (not out loud anyway),  so I doubt they'll
laugh at a Lotus.  Worst case you'll have to put up with some good natured 'Brit'
comments.  At least you don't have to listen to the "Fix It Again Tony" cracks :-)

> Just to put the record straight, Lotus used the bottom end of exsisting
> production engines and used their own heads and cams. In the case of your
> engine, it was the Ford (you have my sympathy). But take some consolation,
> the other option was the French Renault.

If it's a Ford 2L block you should be able to find all the parts you need without
much searching.  I think I might start by scrounging an intake from a 2L Mustang,
or maybe just buying an intake gasket,  to see how things line up.

Bill