Basic electronic stuff

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Thu Dec 2 06:42:56 GMT 1999

> There are two options depending on what you want to do.
> 1.   if you want to use the PIC for actually operating the coil with proper
> electronic advance and retard, you can use the PIC to drive a nice big
> transistor (my ignition system uses a BUX80 driven by a smaller 2N3055) or FET
> to drive the coil.

If they are 'real' coils, then he could use the EFI332 driver boards.
I suspect there will be a group buy for them in the near future.

If they are like the new Corvette coils, the PIC could drive them
directly... but I wouldn't want to.  I drive the Corvette coils from
a PIC via opto-isolators.

Orin.