QNX Floppy Tools? (Was DIACOM)

Jon Watts jonwatts at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 10:28:54 GMT 1999

> From: "Jim Velasquez" <jimvela at ibm.net>
> Subject: QNX Floppy Tools? (Was DIACOM)
>
> The QNX Demo Disk is one of my favorite examples of a small,
> focused embeddable product! (That, and the Linux Router Project's
> single-disk, run-from-ram concept).
-------------

QNX is way too expensive for any kind of hobbyist to use (thousands
of dollars for a development license). The design is very simplistic
(in a good way) but it mostly finds it way into video poker machines
and such.

What I'm surprised at is that there's not more talk of Linux on this
list. By itself it could handle an EFI system and host it's own
analysis software. With real-time Linux (www.rtlinux.org) this is now
a certainty. Sooner or later someone will build a PC-104 (or smaller)
EFI unit.

This would be a great project, but by the time you're done you could
easily have bought an Electomotive or MoTec setup. Unless Lego comes
out with EFI sensors for the Mind Storm....... :)

=====
Jon  õ¿õ