DIY_EFI Digest V4 #672

dzorde at erggroup.com dzorde at erggroup.com
Mon Dec 6 03:03:30 GMT 1999

I'm doing this on my current s/c set-up (although car is not yet driveable),
anyway a blow off valve just venting of the air during idle and light cruise.
Put your foot down, the valve shuts and there is instant 17psi boost.  Unlike a
turbo, you don't get a pop when it opens, but more of a constant whistle as it
lets a lot of air out unless wot.

Due to the extremely hot air (currently don't have an intercooler yet) I'm
reluctant to recirculate it through the intake filter (but due to the very loud
whistle created by all this air veing vented in the engine bay I need to do
something).  Can anyone see a problem with feeding the air from the blow off
valve into the exhaust system before the muffler and quieten it down this way.
The line could be fed in at 45deg angle with the exhaust flow.

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com