New to list, first question!

TVS TKMVS at Clara.Net
Tue Dec 7 18:04:17 GMT 1999

Hello,
  I've just found this list... I could have done with it just over a year
ago, but better late than never.
I'm designing/building a EFI system for a Mini. I first though of using a
simple analogue circuit to do the timing etc... but since I've seen a
Microcontroler (?) called a BASIC Stamp.
     I don't know all that much about it, but its designed for entry level
teaching and that sort of thing. It can execute 2000 lines of code per
second. And a more expensive version, 4000 lines per sec. It is also,
conveniently, is programmed in BASIC and it's very  easy to down load the
code from a PC. I've started learning C/C++ but it may be some time before
I'm in any way competent!
  My question is, 2000-4000 lines per second doesn't seem very fast. I
assume it will have somekind of timer abilities... does this sound suitable
for a EFI system.?
Sorry about any spelling mistakes (Dyslexic) but spellchecker does its
best... but some get though!!
    Many thanks for any advice  Toby.