Mopar injector options

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Dec 9 00:18:38 GMT 1999

|  If anyone cares to read about various Mopar FI hacks,
| there are a few options shown at
| http://pages.cthome.net/gus/fuel.html

I'm not thrilled by em.  Crushing a FPR to change the spring rate is a one
time deal, and if wrong you've wasted it....

|  My system runs 33 pound per hour injectors
| [apx 336 cc per hour?] at 55 psi above boost. I
| can crush my regulator to raise pressure, but without
| a very high pressure pump I can only add so much
| fuel. I believe the injectors will only take 90 psi or so.

Some testing has shown 100 PSI for a TPI injector is no problem.  Been
documented at the syty area.

| Instead of these options, I'm wondering if I can use
| injectors that normally run at much lower pressures
| that the Chrysler system and use an adjustable reg to
| bring the mixture back. I'm not above fabricating a
| new rail, but it would be nice if I could bolt in.
|  I'm not opposed to using an adjustable gain regulator,
| but I wonder if a lower pressure system would be
| better.

Lower pressure generate lousy spray patterns.  I'm leaning toward a variable
rate
one, done by a lister here.

We speak CSH, HQ lingo here, least I do <g>
Grumpy