GM TBI on AMC 258

Nicholas McIntosh njmac at us.net
Thu Dec 23 15:55:14 GMT 1999

Hello
i just joined this list.  i know hardly anything about FI, and i hope you
folks can help educate me.

i have been looking into swapping out my carter bbd carb on the 258 for a
junkyard GM TBI setup for quite a while.  i have been trying to gather as
much information as i can, and have been dissapointed in what i have
found on the web.

what i am really searching for is a write up of the process from start
(junkyard) to finish.  is there such a thing?  i know several folks have
done this swap.  Jason in particular has a nice web page on the subject.
perhaps someone has documented all of the steps they took in the process?
 maybe, the instruction manual from the holley or howell kit would be
heplfull to me.

i have been told to get a book called TBI AND TPI ENGINE SWAPPING.  i
have not purchased it yet.  do you think this is a good book for me to
read?  will it have information pertinate to my situation?  i am also
going to get the manual for a chevy pickup 4.3 and see what i can learn
about it's TBI.  but if i could just read what someone else has done,
step by step, i'd feel confident enough to get started.

ok, thanks for listening.  and thanks in advance for any replies.

nick
88 eagle wagon (future GM TBI, i hope)
88 grand wagoneer
baltiomre