DIY_EFI Digest ==>> MAP Sensors

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Thu Dec 23 20:42:42 GMT 1999

In a message dated 12/23/99 3:15:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
DIY_EFI-Digest-Owner at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu writes:

>  Does anyone know which GM map sensor I would need to run a Haltech, that
>  would be able to read up to around 30psi? Is one bar up to 14.7 PSI, or is
>  it for naturaly aspirated cars?  I'm confused..Thanks in advance.

Jesse,
The One bar GM MAP reads the pressures "BELOW" atmospheric.
  (used in naturally asperated GM MAP systems)
The two bar MAP will allow measurement of that, plus 16psi of boost..
    (MAP sensor used in 87-90 TurboSunbird & 91 Syclone)
The three bar piece will allow detection of up to 30 psi of boost.
    (Used to run the boost gauge in the 89 Anniverary 3.8 Turbo TA)
HTH
Mike V