MAP Sensor Part Numbers

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Fri Dec 24 19:57:40 GMT 1999

You'll need a few part numbers in order to easily procure these MAP sensors
through a GM dealer.  These numbers, and a bunch of other really neat stuff,
are buried in the archives associated with these lists.  If you ever find
yourself short on reading material one night, pull-up a chair and peruse the
archives.  Interesting reading!

For a 3 Bar sensor (reads from below atmospheric to roughly 30 psig boost)
use P/N 16040749.  For a 2 Bar sensor (reads from below atmospheric to
roughly 15 psig boost) use P/N 16009886.  For a 1 Bar sensor (reads from
below atmospheric to roughly 0 psig boost)  take your pick from any of the
non boosted GM engines, as they are all pretty much similar.

Merry Christmas!