ECU6 & ECU7

Al Lipper alipper at cardozo.org
Sun Dec 26 22:10:08 GMT 1999

Michael, I'll try to asnwer your questions as best as I can.

> I have seen the files of your designed ECU6 efi system ( I could not open
> files of ECU7 neither the schematic either the PDF. I have the Protel
> PCB and schematic editor but it is impossible to import your Orcad files).
I have used an older version of Protel, and it did read in the ECU6
schematics.  In any case, I have checked the PDF files in ECU7.ZIP and they
work okay on my end - are you sure you have Acrobat reader 3?

> I was very impressed of your project and now I am motivited to create a
> system for my 650ccm Sport Twin Motorcycle.
> So I have some questions :
> 1. Would it mean much of rework to redesign your concept for two-cylinder
> engines ?
It should work fine on a 2-cyl engine.  It is designed to operate with 1 to
4 injectors.

> 2. So far possible, I would like to get along without a Oxygen-sensor ! (I
> know this will also disable the learning function)
That's fine - you won't get optimal efficiency, but operating in open-loop
mode is basically what carbs have done all along.

> 3. Also, I could not fit the system with a stepper-motor for the
> idle-speed.
> It should be adjusted statically by a screw.
A screw is fine - it's just a part of the throttle-body unit.

Merry Christmas!!

			Al