Love This

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Mon Feb 1 05:13:54 GMT 1999

>I think you should check the temp of your fuel after about 30 minutes
>running it should be 20- 30 deg less than the coolant temp, remember most of
>the fuel is being returned (hot) to the tank at normal driving, The major
>problem is keep the pump from running dry and tearing up the pump.

YO--

The old Bosch D-jetronic systems on Volvos would vapor lock AT WILL on
account of heating up the fuel in the tank too much under sustained high
engine load. And I mean the electric pump at the back not even being able
to lift the fuel out of the tank to itself. Fuel in the tank almost
literally boiling!!! Not running the pump dry was NOT the major problem
HERE!!!

Regards, Greg