Throttle Body Fuel Pressure Regulator

Teller.John at orbital.com Teller.John at orbital.com
Mon Feb 1 17:44:58 GMT 1999

I'm in the process of rebuilding the carbon-fouled head on my Buick 2.5L 4,
and have taken apart the Throttle body for a thorough dunking in the can of
parts cleaner.  Of course, the regulator can't go in there because of the
rubber bits, but all the GM manuals explicitly state that it must not be
taken apart, even though it is attached to a very dirty bracket that ought
to go in the bath with the rest of the TB.

Is there something highly calibrated in there that would be destroyed if
the regulator were disassembled, or is the warning there because the thing
needs to be taken apart in a press and the spring pressure let out slowly?

--- John T.