Intake Runner Length

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Feb 1 18:29:12 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Van Setten, Tim (AZ75) <Tim.Van.Setten at CAS.honeywell.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, February 01, 1999 12:53 PM
Subject: RE: Intake Runner Length

>> What for ecm?.
> We ended up conjuring our own.  (Mainly by swiping circuits out of
>every known ecm in the free world).  We wanted a box with knobs on it that
>controls the basic fuel curve.  It's not a good idea to take a lap top out
>into the sand dunes to change the fuel curve.

Care to give any details about the ecm?.

 and the plenums are about the same as engine displacement.  Here is
>where it gets interesting:  The average daily driver car has round runners
>about 1 1/4 or so in dia.  The go-fast cars (Ford Mustang 5.0, Honda V-tek,
>etc.) usually have square or rectangle runners.  And the drag racers say
the
>"trick" runner shape should be like the letter "D".  I didn't expect so
many
>variations!

The round vs rect, is really common American compared to Euro,
over the years this may be mellowing some.
   The D port is from what "chev" has done with the exhaust port,
probably some else did it first, it's just they are so common......
Bruce