730 variations

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 22:12:19 GMT 1999

In a message dated 2/1/99 4:30:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, EOA at spartek.com
writes:

<< After several weeks of lurking, and reading through the archives, I have
 a question. I am working on doing an IR Pontiac. It seems the ideal ECM
 to use is the 730. I have read in several places that the best setup is
 90-92. I have a feeling that just saying Camaro will double the price of
 the parts, would one of the 6 cylinder applications be the same? Is the
 difference in the ECM, or is it just the Memcal (or is that Mempack ?).

 FYI,
The 727 is identical to 730 except it is designed to be mounted in the engine
compartment.  (possibly more convenient when doing a conversion).  You can get
a 727 and the entire harness and sensors from the engine compartment of any
late '80s or early '90s Pontiac Grand Prix with a v6 (I believe '88 to @ '91).
Then you just put a V8 Memcal in it.
Check this sight out:

http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/p4xref.html#1227727

I have the memcal I pulled from a 727('88 Grand Prix) running in my 730 right
now (I have an I6).
If I had known this from the beginning, I would not have had to drill a whole
in my firewall to run the harness, and I would now have more room in my glove
department (where my 730 now resides).

Ted