UEGO IDEA was(Re: More UEGO stuff)

Stuart Bunning stuart at kenelec.com.au
Tue Feb 2 02:41:25 GMT 1999

This sounds GREAT.

In my situation I am about to start my car for the first time with EFI.

I have used a stop watch and timed how long my car idled with just the fuel
in the fuel bowl of the carby until it stalled. I then measured the fuel
capacity of the fuel bowl in the carby. I have removed the carby and
installed the TBI and now (havn't done this yet) are going to keep altering
the VE table until the base pulse width for the injectors will supply the
same amount of fuel as my carby did at idle over the same time period.
Hopefully I will be able to start the car and it will idle. The problem is
if I change RPM or load of the engine ( touch the trottle ) I would
instantly go lean. If I was to set the entire VE map the same maybe your
approach will enable to use BLM numbers to adjust the rest of my map.

Comments and criticism is appreciated....

>Create a cal which defeats all of the A/F modifiers such as AE, EGR, ECT,
>etc.   Also, disable open loop PE enrichment so that the computer stays in
>closed loop under all conditions.  Basically, you would now have a VE driven
>cal, with closed loop correction capability.   But, instead of "learning"
>towards stoich, the system would learn towards a safe setpoint (of say
>11.5:1) defined by the electronic gizmo I had proposed.   You could never
>map a turbo/supercharged car to stoich, but 11.5 should be safe under most
>conditions.

Best Regards,

STUART BUNNING
SALES ENGINEER