Intake Runner Length

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Feb 2 15:49:50 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Van Setten, Tim (AZ75) <Tim.Van.Setten at CAS.honeywell.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, February 01, 1999 5:26 PM
Subject: RE: Intake Runner Length

Brutual snippage

>> We wanted a box with knobs on it.  that controls the basic fuel
>>curve.   The digital stuff is a nightmare.   Magnesium engines, steel
>>frames, aluminum do-dads, high RF fields from radios, lots of emi >>from
magneto's, (to really screw up a ecm, watch what a MSD >>7AL2 multi-spark
does using solid core wires), but the topper is >>when some of these
village-idiots use a garden tractor battery to
>>try starting a 13:1 compression motor!
>>  When we went to a basic analog system, 99.99999% of the
>>problems went away. (No processor resets, endless loops, watch->>dog
timers, etc..etc..).
>> Going to a speed-density system, (TPS and Tach), sequential->>double
fire, we could use pot to trim overall curve, idle, mid, top >>end.  Adding
a MAP gave us the additional curve for the boost >>correction fuel.  I can't
go into schematics without giving up too >>many secrets, but I'll try to
answer questions.  (Hope I answered >>some of your questions Bruce).
>> Tim.

Would it be safe to say you used 555's?.
Would asking what for Op-Amps be OK?.
Just 4 pots?.
Bruce