Love This

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Feb 2 22:05:23 GMT 1999

>    While was mentioned for cooling fans, I was looking for a fuel pump
> controller, but a motor issa motor.

However, not all motors are the same :)

>   I thought that cooling fans worked on an on/off system.  Under what
> conditions would you want PWM control, and what is the pulse width that is
> being modulated?  You guys really know how to humble a guy; I thought I had
> a lock on cooling fans!(:<

To vary the speed of the fan :)  Faster at a standstill,
faster with the A/C on, slower or off otherwise :)

A lot of the day-time running lights work the same way, they
run at a 50% duty cycle rather than 100%.  Beats a large,
hot resistor like you said in the chopped out portion of
your post.

--
Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606