Intake Runner Length

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Feb 3 04:33:07 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Ord Millar <ord at aei.ca>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tuesday, February 02, 1999 11:20 PM
Subject: Re: Intake Runner Length

Cylinder Bore x .85= some dimension.  The sum of both valves head diameters
should about equal that.
4" borex .85= 3.4   1.9" intake, and a 1.5" exhaust would work very well.
None hemi type head.
Not an absolute, but a good guide.  Yates, and them NASCAR guys are now
getting around that.  But, they spend a ton of money to do it.  Angle
cutting
the heads to get the stems more parrael to the cyl bore works to.
Bruce