OBD II LT1 Engine Swap Gotchas???

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 3 21:26:32 GMT 1999

"David A. Cooley" wrote:
> >Pre OBD_I?  But that would mean using an ECM that's pre 1988.
>
> Actually, the 94/95 was more like OBD_I 1/2...  93 and earlier should work
> without the rear sensor

I'll give you the OBD 1 1/2 - I can't use a paper clip to flash SES
codes on my '94 Z28. However, there is *no* O2 sensor after the cat.
Know that for a fact. The stock exhaust is sitting in my garage storage
closet - and it butts right up to the cat...

Plus, the ALDL info available is significantly more for the '94/95 than
there was for the '93. Not that more is better, there's just more
there... ;)

-Andrew