Groan... Not another VIRUS alert....

Barry Tisdale btisdale at cybersol.com
Thu Feb 4 02:40:53 GMT 1999

John & group -

Yeah, I know, nothing marks a newbie like forwarding a VIRUS ALERT!!!!

However, I'm not a newbie and I DID receive this one (4x copies); several members of a dental mailing list I'm on RAN it, not too bright, but they did.  Its technically not a virus, but a worm, that replicates itself till your hard disk has zero bytes left and performs other mayhem.  Attaches itself to any outgoing email w/o the sender's knowledge.

Interesting thing is that several of these folks have virus checkers running and *none* found anything amiss.  The dark side still prevails......

FWIW - Barry