TC's and manual trans (was: Re: Smooth strategy)

Clarence L.Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Thu Feb 4 04:27:13 GMT 1999

Greg Hermann wrote:
> Very simply, there is no way to put more torque in to an output shaft whan
> what comes into the input shaft unless some part of the "contraption" puts
> a reaction torque into the case. PERIOD.
>
> "Every action must have an equal and opposite reaction."
>
> Not even Einstein altered that one!!
>
> Regards, Greg

To which I reply:
Not everything is as it would seem it should be to others.
Just becauce YOU choose to call a cow a horse just because it can pull a
cart does not make it so - if the rest of the world calls it an ox.
The accepted definition is as I relayed it. I didn't make it up. I
didn't write the dictionary. I didn't write the text. Tell Wm Crouse to
his face that he and his team of experts are wrong - don't tell me.

That said, enough is enough so now let's get back to what this group is
(supposedly) all about and start squirting gas instead of passing it.