fusible link questions

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Thu Feb 4 13:51:21 GMT 1999

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Steve Sassine wrote:

> Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 16:43:22 +1100 (EST)
> From: Steve Sassine <n9480320 at garbo.nepean.uws.EDU.AU>
> To: DIY_EFI at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: fusible link questions
>
> On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Clive Apps   Techno-Logicals   416 510 0020 wrote:
>

> > > The fusable link is intended to protect the wiring harness from frying -
> > > through out the vehicle. It is the weakest link in the wiring 'chain'. They
> > > normally have a high temperature insulation that also protects any adjacent
> > > wires from being burned.
> >
> > Clive

SNIP
> a large amount of current will be deleivered to the field winding which
> will inturn give an output voltage well in excess of 20V plus. This
> voltage level will take out many electronic equipment
> (radio,alarm,electronic wind screen controller etc.).

Canadain tire used to sell a box that would output 120 vdc from the
alternator. it just full fielded the alt and at around 1500 rpm 120 v

scarry eh

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8