Groan... Not another VIRUS alert....

Teller.John at orbital.com Teller.John at orbital.com
Thu Feb 4 15:46:46 GMT 1999

OK.  I apologize for my offhand dismissal of the warning but I've been
innundated in the past by well intentioned people spreading warnings of
imminent "end of the world" type virii that can infect any computer (PCs,
Macs, Unix boxes, Amigas, Commodore 64s, etc.).   This worm is pretty
sophisticated.  Like most worms, it only attacks one sort of operating
system (Windows 95) on a particular machine (PC), because it takes
advantage of a security hole that does not exist on other operating
systems.  It looks like this worm would also attack Windows 98, since that
OS is really only an update to W95.   Unlike the famous worm that brought
down the internet in the mid-80's, this one won't launch itself when the
email it is attached to is read...

--- John Teller