fusible link questions

rauscher at icst.com rauscher at icst.com
Thu Feb 4 15:50:15 GMT 1999

Clarence wrote:

>  Just installed a 100 amp altenator and the guy at the shop who sold me the
unit told me to run a line >of fusible link (14 Ga) from the Bat. terminal on
the alternator to the positive terminal of the batery.  The >length of fusible
link needed was about 4 ft. long.  Should I have ran a 3ft 9in wire of 10 Ga and
then >soldered in a 3 inch piece of 14 Ga fusible link?

>Clarence

Correct, max length of a fusible link is 9 inches, from the GM manual. And as
mentioned
previously, 4 AWG numbers smaller than wire to protect.

BobR.